- Controllers of Personal Information/a>
- What Personal Information About Customers Does bhaktisyoga.com Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does bhaktisyoga.com share the Information it receives?
- How Secure is Information About Me?
- What Information can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use bhaktisyoga.com?
- Notices and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
Controllers of Personal Information
What Personal Information About Customers Does bhaktisyoga.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at bhaktisyoga.com. We use your information to improve handling orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our platform, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses bhaktisyoga.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of bhaktisyoga.com on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from bhaktisyoga.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for bhaktisyoga.com to disclose your information, if so required, under applicable law.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as recommendations for you, personalised advertisements on other Web sites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does bhaktisyoga.com share the Information it receives?
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of bhaktisyoga.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input in addition to maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on "Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements".
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
bhaktisyoga.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with bhaktisyoga.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such bhaktisyoga.com features as Your Profile and Customer Reviews.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use bhaktisyoga.com?
Use of bhaktisyoga.com is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you may use bhaktisyoga.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances at bhaktisyoga.com, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy or post. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through bhaktisyoga.com; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone or otherwise and provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); content of reviews; the personal description in Your Profile; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at bhaktisyoga.com include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personal information (including name, e-mail, password and communications); payment settings (including credit-card information and gift card); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, Recommended for You and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history and Favourites); Wish Lists and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests and Recommendations).